Motorcycle accidents are almost always more severe than car crashes. Riders end up seriously hurt or fatally injured in these types of wrecks. These accidents often lead to chronic back and neck pain, traumatic brain injury, head injury, spinal cord injuries, paralysis, and even wrongful death. The personal injury lawyers at Buckman and Buckman, P.A. know how to investigate and represent motorcyclists and the complexities of these situations.
Not all attorneys can handle motorcycle cases because the laws are very different from car accident cases. In many instances, we take on motorcycle crash victims that other lawyers turn away.
What Motorcyclists on the Suncoast and in Tampa Bay Need to Know:
- Motorcycle riders are more likely to be blamed for an accident than someone driving a car. You need a lawyer to protect your rights.
- Your insurance company isn’t always on your side. Their job is to limit how much money you get in a claim. Your lawyer’s job is to make sure you get the complete financial compensation you deserve.
- The insurance company doesn’t have to give you answers unless you ask the right questions. Most people don’t know what questions to ask and miss out on possible reimbursement or even cash awards.
- A personal injury lawyer with experience handling motorcycle cases will know how to get around the insurance maze.
Pain and Suffering is Different for Motorcyclists than for Car Drivers:
- Car accident victims have to to prove the accident caused PERMANENT injuries to get any type of financial settlement or judgement. Motorcycle accident victims do NOT have to prove this.
- Anyone involved in a motorcycle accident is entitled to the pain and suffering compensation that your injury caused, even if it isn’t permanent.
- That means if you lay your bike down and get road rash or bruises, you’re entitled to compensation based on those injuries, even though they’re not permanent.
Why You Must Add Uninsured Motorist Coverage (UM Insurance) to Your Motorcycle Insurance Policy:
- UM insurance covers you for injuries if you get hit by a motorist that has NO insurance or too little insurance.
- UM Insurance is not required in Florida, so make sure you ask for it even if your insurance agent doesn’t offer it.
- There is no good reason not to buy UM insurance. If you can’t afford it, then you can’t afford to ride a motorcycle, especially if an uninsured motorist hits you.
Why You Should NEVER Lend Your Bike to Anyone:
- In Florida, a motorcycle is considered an inherently dangerous machine.
- If you lend your bike to someone, and that person causes an accident, YOU could be held liable for the damages.
- Let your friends admire your bike, but never let them borrow it.
Buckman and Buckman has helped countless motorcyclists across Florida in their accident cases. Fill out our free and confidential case evaluation form above, contact us at (941) 923-7700, or e-mail us.
Buckman and Buckman, P.A.
Personal Injury & Estate Planning
2023 Constitution Boulevard
Sarasota, FL 34231
(941) 923-7700 Office
(941) 923-7736 Fax
Areas of Practice
Mr. Buckman is a highly-skilled Professional who expedited my case efficiently and effectively. He was ethical, knowledgeable, patient and thorough from start to finish. I could not have asked for anything more!
Drake is a conscientious person and a knowledgeable attorney. He's a great counselor to have working for you. His costs are reasonable; and he will tell you the truth whether that's what you want to hear or not. He's experienced in writing Wills and setting up trusts and estates. I highly recommend him.
The staff and Drake Buckman at Buckman and Buckman were true professionals. Everything was explained to us in a manner that both Joanne and I fully understood. We sincerely thank them for the help they provided.
I would highly recommend Drake Buckman to represent myself and any of my loved ones. From the initial contact, Drake always had my best interest, health and welfare as a priority. His friendly, personable manner gave me comfort and confidence from the start of my legal pursuit. Drake Buckman was thorough the entire duration of my case, achieving success on my behalf.
I found Amiee Buckman to be very attentive, thorough, professional, and very prompt in responding to my needs. I was impressed with not only her professionalism and expertise, but also with her sincerity and honesty. I would highly recommend Amiee Buckman and the firm of Buckman & Buckman, P.A. to anyone that needed services in the area of law.
My sister and I recently used Buckman and Buckman for our father’s affairs after he passed. Mr. Buckman is not only extremely knowledgeable and helpful, but he is also compassionate and caring. I would highly recommend him to our family and friends.
Very FINE And professional people to deal with. I would recommend them to anyone.
The facts and circumstances of your case may differ from the matters in which testimonials have been provided. All results of cases handled by the firm are not provided and not all clients have given testimonials. Every case is different, and each client’s situation must be evaluated and handled on its own merits.