Contact A Lawyer Immediately After a Pedestrian Accident
One of the worst types of road accidents usually involves a pedestrian hit by a car or other vehicle, like a truck, bus, motorcycle, or even a bicycle. These crashes can leave victims critically injured or killed because of their vulnerability. The force of impact from a vehicle on the body of a walker or jogger can cause spinal cord injuries, brain damage, head injuries, internal bleeding, broken bones, and other life altering injuries.
Pedestrian accidents can be very complicated. The lawyers at Buckman and Buckman, P.A. are experienced with this area of law and can help you and your family deal with aggressive insurance adjustors investigating the case in the hopes of mitigating their client’s responsibility. We can investigate your case to preserve evidence and track down witnesses. Never give a statement to insurance investigators before you’re represented by an attorney who will protect your rights. Pedestrians walking on or across Florida roads are entitled to the right of way in most cases.
Pedestrian Accidents Involving Children
In Florida alone, 245 young pedestrians under the age of 19 were killed between 2005 and 2009. 123 of those were children 14 years old or younger. Children are especially vulnerable to getting hit by a car since they often play in the driveway or near the street where they live. In fact, one of the most common ways young children are injured is when a car backs out of the driveway and runs them over. School age children are more likely to be hit or killed by a car while crossing the street. Buckman and Buckman, P.A. understands how these tragic accidents can hurt every member of your family. We’re parents too.
Statistics from The Florida Division of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles
- In 2009, more than 8,000 Florida pedestrians were involved in traffic crashes and 482 Florida pedestrians were killed.
- Pedestrian fatalities made up almost 19% of all crash related fatalities in the state that year, including all car and bicycle accidents.
- 49% of pedestrians are killed while crossing the road while NOT at an intersection.
- 13% care killed crossing the road at an intersection.
- 6% of pedestrians are killed while walking along the side of the road.
- December and November are the deadliest months of the year for Florida’s pedestrians.
- Saturday is the deadliest day of the week. 20% of all fatal pedestrian accidents happen on a Saturday.
If you’ve been hurt in a pedestrian accident, contact the attorneys at Buckman and Buckman, P.A. at (941) 923-7700, e-mail us, or fill our our confidential case evaluation form. We promise to make your case our priority.
Buckman and Buckman, P.A. Personal Injury Lawyers
Estate Planning and Litigation
Business Law and Litigation
2023 Constitution Boulevard
Sarasota, FL 34231
(941) 923-7700 Office
(941) 923-7736 Fax
Areas of Practice
- Personal Injury
- Motorcycle Accidents
- Car Accidents
- Estate Planning
- Trust, Will and Probate Litigation
- Wage and Hour Law
- Intellectual Property
- Wrongful Death
- Pedestrian Accidents
- Bicycle Accidents
- Injured Children
- Traumatic Brain Injury
- Contract Law
- Commercial Litigation
- Franchise Business Law
- Executive & Family Business Divorce