Bradenton Motorcycle Accident Attorneys
When you are injured on a motorcycle, or you lose a loved one in a tragic motorcycle accident, it can be a very difficult time for the whole family. Beyond the medical bills, loss of transportation and loss of income, many families are shocked to realize just how inconvenient and exhausting injuries can be. While you are sitting in a hospital bed recovering, and your family are by your side supporting you, the insurance company will be rapidly working to minimize its liability and looking for ways to avoid paying for your injuries.
You owe it to yourself to work with a Bradenton accident lawyer who will fight for your interests from start to finish. At Buckman & Buckman, P.A., we will offer you:
- Support – We are more than just attorneys. We are a family of attorneys. Our two lead partners are married, and their daughters practice law on our team. We provide the support that injury victims and their families need. We make sure they get the right medical care, help them with repair or replacement of their bike and keep debt collectors off their backs.
- Experience – Our team has repeatedly fought to obtain compensation for personal injury victims and their loved ones in Bradenton and surrounding areas in Manatee County for more than 20 years. We know how to investigate claims, deal with insurance companies and pursue funds that our clients deserve.
- Determination – We know how important your case is to you. We will tirelessly pursue the compensation that you deserve, and we will charge no attorney fees unless we secure a financial recovery for you. This lets you focus on what matters most to you – your physical recovery and spending time with those you love.
For help with your Bradenton motorcycle accident case, contact Buckman & Buckman and receive a free consultation.
Why Do Motorcycle Crashes Happen in Bradenton?
In many cases, a negligent driver simply fails to follow the basic rules of the road, leading to devastating injuries for a motorcyclist. Here are some common scenarios:
- Left turns – Perhaps one of the most common crashes happens when a car attempts to make a left turn at an intersection while failing to acknowledge a motorcycle in an oncoming lane of travel. This is a clear example of violating the right-of-way.
- Inattentional blindness – This occurs when drivers simply forget to pay attention to motorcycles. It’s an unintentional, yet dangerous, inability to see what is right in front of the driver.
- Drugs and alcohol – Drugs and alcohol play a role in far too many crashes in Florida, especially those involving motorcycles. In fact, roughly 5,400 “alcohol-confirmed” crashes occur in our state each year, the Florida Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles
- Distractions – While most drivers know by now that cell phone use is dangerous when driving, thousands of drives in Florida do it every day. Distractions can also include messing with radios, putting on makeup, texting, surfing the Internet, operating GPS, and anything else that takes a driver’s attention from the road.
- Tailgating – Drivers often attempt to tailgate motorcycles, leading to horrific crashes. The problem arises when a motorcycle needs to slow down or swerve in order to avoid an object in the road. If a driver follows too closely, the driver simply can’t avoid the motorcyclist.
- Passing in same lane – This occurs when drivers disregard motorcycles as vehicles and attempt to pass them by occupying the same lane at the same time.