Sarasota Drunk Driving Accident Lawyers
Drunk Driving Accident Lawyers Serving Sarasota and Manatee
Did a drunk driver hit you? If so, you are the victim of a crime, and the driver may face criminal penalties. However, through our civil justice system, the driver should also be held accountable for the injuries and other damages that you and your family have suffered.
The car accident lawyers of Buckman & Buckman, P.A., represent drunk driving accident victims and their families in Sarasota and surrounding areas of Florida. We are committed to seeking the justice and compensation that our clients deserve. To discuss how we can help you, call us today and receive a free consultation.
When you choose to work with Buckman & Buckman, you will work one-on-one with an experienced drunk driving lawyer who is passionate about standing up for the rights of others. A paralegal or case manager will never be your main point of contact. We believe that giving close, personal attention to our clients makes a difference. When you work with us, you can be assured that your case will be our top priority.
Who Can Be Held Liable in a Florida Drunk Driving Accident Claim?
You can trust our lawyers to thoroughly investigate the drunk driving crash that injured you or caused the loss of a loved one. We will work hard to determine all parties who should be held liable for your damages. Those parties may include:
- The driver: In most drunk driving accident cases, the driver is convicted of DUI (driving under the influence). However, you do not need proof of a conviction to pursue a claim against the driver. Instead, you must establish that the driver’s negligence caused harm to you or your loved one. Driving while impaired by alcohol clearly is negligent conduct.
- An alcohol vendor: Someone who sells alcohol at a bar, dance club, liquor store or restaurant is a “vendor” who may be held responsible for the harm caused by a customer’s drunk driving accident. To hold a vendor accountable, you must show that the vendor knowingly sold alcohol to a customer who was under age 21 (the legal drinking age) or who was “habitually addicted” to alcohol. You must also show that the driver’s impairment caused your accident.
- A social host: The host of a party or similar event may be held liable if the host knowingly provided alcohol to an underage guest who, in turn, caused your accident. If you are involved in a crash caused by an impaired underage driver, the driver’s whereabouts prior to the accident could be an important fact in the case.
A Buckman & Buckman investigation of your drunk driving accident will explore every source of compensation for you. We know how important your case is for you and your future.
What Compensation Can You Recover After a DUI Accident in Florida?
When Buckman & Buckman investigates your drunk driving accident, we will determine all of your losses and identify all compensation available to you. We cannot undo your accident. However, we want to pursue full compensation for your losses, including:
- Past and future medical bills
- Lost wages and diminished future earning capacity
- Property damage
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Loss of enjoyment of life
- Loss of familial relationships.
We will turn to the insurance coverage of any party liable to you in a drunk driving accident. We will press insurers to pay what they owe. We will also look at any uninsured motorist/underinsured motorist (UM/UIM) insurance coverage that you carry.
Our Drunk Driving Accident Attorneys Want to Help You
If you have concerns about mounting bills due to the harm that you or a loved one suffered in a drunk driving accident, contact Buckman & Buckman, P.A. You will immediately see what is different about our family-run law firm. You will speak to a lawyer (not a paralegal) about your case. We will work hard to help you to get back on your feet.
We serve clients in Sarasota, Bradenton, Venice, North Port and surrounding areas. Tell us what happened to you. We will review your case for free and with no further obligation from you.
If we see a way forward in your drunk driving accident claim, we will aggressively pursue your case on a contingency basis. Our Sarasota drunk driving lawyers will do everything we can to obtain a settlement or win in court. You will not pay a fee unless we obtain compensation for you.